Millions and millions of people from around he world choose to travel everyday. From Europe to Asia, Australia to the United States, each traveler hopes to get the most out of their journey, however, more and more, travelers are also hoping to reduce their carbon footprint and ensure that these amazing destinations will exist for future generations. If you enjoy travel but are hoping to do your part to help protect the environment, take a look at just some of the many ways in which you can do your part.
Of course you can choose to stay in a ecologically friendly hotel or resort which is even constructed of reused materials, however, as these tend to be a little uncommon still, you can still do your part by simply doing it on your own. You can do your part by:
- Reusing your sheets more than once
- Reusing your towel for a day, simply hang up and let dry for the next day.
- Choose to bring your own refillable containers of hair and body care instead of asking for the disposable ones from the hotel.
- Rather than renting a car, consider public transportation if a viable option in the area.
- If you must rent a car, choose one which uses less fuel.
- Make sure you drive responsibly and ecofriendly by slowing down and using the cruise when possible to reduce consumption.
- Walk or ride a bike when possible.
What to do
- Instead of choosing to purchase fast food and doing all activities which require air conditioning and power, get out and enjoy nature.
- When you are out, make sure you are responsible and clean up after yourself.
- In addition, tread lightly.
Be sure that you have turned off all appliances and unplugged those not needed to reduce power usage while you are away. Even appliances not being used, if plugged in, will still use electricity. You can reduce your footprint and save money by unplugging.
Tradewinds Vacations wishes you only the best when you travel. Travel with responsibility in mind and do your part to ensure that our amazing destinations for travel will remain for generations to come.